SALARY RANGE: 25 Non-exempt
$65,273 - $83,306
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor perform skilled work in the general repair and maintenance of treatment plants, well sites, distribution systems and other Agency facilities. Incumbents work on-call shifts, as scheduled. Night and weekend shifts may be required.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform a variety of general maintenance and repair work involving carpentry, plumbing, painting, roofing and cement work.
- Paint buildings, equipment and piping, change locks; install/replace doors, screens and fences; remove graffiti.
- Install and replace lighting bulbs in buildings, facility yards and remote sites.
- Service evaporative coolers; perform plumbing repairs; repair roofs; build forms and mix and pour concrete.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of Agency vehicles.
- Assist in well and/or pipeline disinfection.
- Repair, rebuild and/or replace pumping units of all sizes.
- Keep and maintain records related to work activities.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other Agency employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned
Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities as described herein.
- One year of repair and maintenance construction experience including; carpentry, plumbing and mechanical work is desirable.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Licensure / Certification:
- Must have a Valid California driver’s license with the ability to obtain a Class “A” license within two years.
- Possession of or ability to obtain within two years, a State Water Resources Control Board Grade I Water Distribution certificate.
- Possession of or ability to obtain within two years, a State Water Resources Control Board Grade II Water Treatment Operator certificate.
- Basic techniques and methods of building maintenance work.
- Basic use of computer applications to enter and retrieve data.
- Use hand and power tools
- Use standard computer applications
- Perform semi-skilled work in the repair and maintenance of Agency facilities.
- Know and understand operations and observe safety rules; analyze problem equipment; identify and locate equipment; interpret work orders; clearly explain jobs to others.
- Intermittently, sit while studying or preparing reports; bend squat, climb, kneel and twist while performing repair/maintenance activities; lift and carry weight up to 90 pounds.
- Use various hand and power tools and equipment.
- Learn to operate a variety of mechanized equipment such as backhoes, forklifts, small cranes and other related equipment.
- Learn to use basic welding and cutting techniques.
- Use a computer to complete required reports related to work activities.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Work assigned shift schedules and be available to take on-call time. Some overtime work will be required.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Design and build electric systems.
- Understand electronic circuitry and related systems.
- Learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Please review the complete job description and requirements:Click Here
If you have the qualifications listed in the job description and would like to apply for the position, please use the form below.