This is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced, well-rounded engineering professional to join an Agency that focuses on delivering high quality water to residents in the Antelope Valley.
$126,040 - $160,863 annually
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits.
Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency is seeking an experienced, well-rounded engineering professional to join a high-performing department to manage and design Capital Improvement Projects to maintain and improve infrastructure for delivery and treatment of high-quality water for residents of the Antelope Valley.
Under direction of the Engineering Manager, the Senior Engineer is responsible to perform difficult and complex technical engineering work in the design and construction of Agency structures and facilities; perform detailed project design and drafting; review consultant design plans, drawings, and specifications; perform inspection for Agency projects; participate in long-term planning studies; prepare bid advertisements, pre-bid meeting materials, and addendums; and perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience in design, construction, and operation of domestic/agricultural water systems.
Possess the equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major course work in civil or mechanical engineering.
Possession of a valid certificate of registration as a Civil Engineer issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers.
Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- Civil engineering principles, practices, methods, and techniques.
- Hydraulics, hydrology, chemistry, and thermodynamics.
- Construction practices, trades, and materials.
- Project management and coordination.
- Contract administration practices and principles.
- Methods, materials, and techniques used in design and construction for planning, design, cost estimation, construction, installation, and inspection of wastewater collection, distribution, and treatment facilities.
- Federal, State, and local laws and regulations related to CEQA, water system design, construction, and plant operations.
- Engineering mathematics, economics, and statistical analysis.
- Safety standards and practices.
- Technical report writing.
- AutoCAD software and drafting media.
- Esri ArcGIS
- Survey principles and practices.
- Principles, methods, instruments, and techniques used in engineering drafting.
Please review the complete job description and requirements:Click Here
If you have the qualifications listed in the job description and would like to apply for the position, please use the form below.
April 15, 2022.